The trained nurse has become one of the blessings of humanity taking place beside physician and priest. – William oster
You dream of becoming a nurse one day but don’t know which way to head, then your search ends right here! Drive by highly competent, experienced and committed faculty and managed a visionary chairman Dr.M.Mohan Alva since 1996, Alva’s College of Nursing provides you with the right mix of academic and clinical exposure needed to kick start a perfect global career in nursing. With ever increasing health care facilities worldwide, the void for qualified nursing professionals generates on evergreen prospect for opportunities on an international scale. An intensive and systematic training ensures that you realize the necessary competency level to meet the required in international standards. We give wings of color to your premature dreams with tender care at Alva’s College of Nursing. Since its inception in 1996, Alva’s College of Nursing has remained steadfast to the one central commitment to provide a balanced comprehensive nursing education and clinical skills.
COURSES OFFERED & YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
Established: 1995 (School of Nursing )
1996 ( B.Sc Nursing )
Upgraded : 2001 ( PC.B.Sc Nursing )
2002 ( M.Sc Nursing )
Approved by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi
Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
Sanctioned by Karnataka State Nursing Council, Government of Karnataka.
Our vision is molding a better tomorrow based on our strong commitments to practice, education, research administration and to advance in nursing profession.
Our mission is
- To educate nurses in an inter-professional environment
- To provide an excellence in nursing education and research.
- To recognize as global leader in providing quality care focusing on unique needs of patients and families
- To provide compassionate patient care with respect in collaboration with other health professionals and community groups.
OBJECTIVES OF THE NURSING PROGRAMME
- To offer profession training of high academic excellence, optimal learning environment, opportunity for personal and professional development.
- To encourage community participation and interaction with national and international health organization.
- To develop clinical teaching, administrative and research skills in students and faculty.
- To be recognized as a Global leader providing quality patient care, best Nursing education and research responsive to society’s needs.
Eligibility for Bsc Nursing
- Pass in PUC/PDC (10+2) or passed any other examination conducted by Boards/Councils/Intermediate Education established by state Govt./ Central Govt. with English as one of the subject and Physics , chemistry & Biology as optional subjects.
- In case of the stream of vocational higher secondary course conducted by the board of vocational higher secondary examination Kerala, the candidates shall have taken subjects including English, Physics, Chemistry, & Biology individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST or other backward classes, the mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together in qualifying examination should be a minimum of 40%.
- Candidates should produce Eligibility Certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- The candidates should have completed 17 yrs. of age at the time of admission
Eligibility for Pc Bsc Nursing
A candidate seeking admission must:
- Hold a diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM).
- Be a registered nurse.
- Have passed pre university examination in Arts/Science/Commerce by conducted by Department of Pre. University Education, Karnataka State or its equivalent recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Have knowledge of English.
- Should be medically fit
- Have good personal and professional record.
- Candidates should produce Eligibility Certificate form Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Age of candidate who is above 48 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission Shall not be eligible
Eligibility for Msc Nursing
- Passed in B.Sc Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing or Post Certificate B.Sc Nursing of RGUHS or any other university accepted as equivalent by RGUHS and must have obtained a minimum of not less than 55% aggregate marks. In request of candidates belonging to SC and ST, the aggregate marks obtained be not less than 50% instead 55% as above.
- Minimum of one year of experience after obtaining B.Sc Nursing (Basic) or minimum of one year of work experience in a hospital or in Nursing Educational Institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council
- Registered in any state nursing council as a registered nurse and registered midwife
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Age: for general category it is 48 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 50 years at the time of admission
TEACHING FACULTY LIST
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING DEPARTMENT
- B.A Yathi Kumara Swamy Gowda, Principal
- Asha Cynthia D’sa, Vice Principal
- Julie K. Joseph, Assistant Professor
- Renuka, Assistant Professor
- Victoria Marita Salis, Assistant Professor
- Nithyananda Mogera, Assistant Professor
- Jeyasudha, Nursing Tutor
- Prabhashree, Nursing Tutor
- Ashalatha K., Nursing Tutor
OBSTETRIC AND GYNAECOLOGICAL NURSING DEPARTMENT
- Ganavathi K.M, Professor
- Jenviv Kavitha D’silva, Assistant Professor
- Cynthia .J, Assistant Professor
CHILD HEALTH NURSING DEPARTMENT
- Lakshmidevi B., Associate Professor
- Thushara Joseph, Assistant Professor
- Elveera Loveleena D’mello, Assistant Professor
- Wilfreena Lovelyn Pinto, Assistant Professor
- Punarva.M.H, Assistant Professor
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING DEPARTMENT
- Anand Kumar V Kadi, Associate Professor
- Preema Joyce D’souza, Assistant Professor
- Santhosh Kumar R.L, Assistant Professor
- Shanthi Anitha Luvis, Nursing Tutor
- Sharmila, Nursing Tutor
MENTAL HEALTH NURSING DEPARTMENT
- Jagadish T.J, Assistant Professor
- Dheerendra, Assistant Professor
- Mr Aldrin Vas, Assistant Professor
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY